Q: What is the duration of the Apprenticeship Program?
A: Apprenticeships range from 2 to 3 ½ years.
Q: What kind of training does männer’s Apprenticeship Program provide?
A: A männer apprentice can train in a variety of different fields and programs. Many apprenticeships at männer use the “dual system” in which apprentices split their time between classroom instruction at a vocational school and on-the-job training at the company.
- Tool Making Apprentices learn about the manufacturing and assembly of injection molds, measuring and analysis of manufactured products, and CNC-Programming.
- Industrial Apprentices work toward their Bachelor of Arts degree and train in supply chain and warehouse logistics, sales, and business administration.
- Industrial Business Management Apprentices are administrative apprentices who train in supply chain and warehouse logistics, sales, and business administration.
- Technical Product Design Apprentices create technical drawings and CAD Design engineering.
- Engineering Apprentices can train in development and design engineering.
- Process Technicians for Plastics Apprentices learn about the manufacturing and production of plastic products. They study the entire process from planning and set up to quality inspection.
Q: When do you normally recruit people to join the Program?
A: The apprenticeship recruitment process begins right after the summer holidays – one year before the hire date.
Q: Which vocational schools does männer partner with?
A: Gewerbliche Schulen in Emmendingen; Georg-Kerschensteiner Schule in Müllheim; Richard-Fehrenbach-Gewerbeschule in Freiburg; Duale Hochschule in Horb, Lörrach, and Stuttgart; Carl-Helbing Schule in Emmendingen; and Gewerbliche Schulen in Rorschach and Buchs (Switzerland)
Q: How many apprentices does männer typically hire each year?
A: männer hires approximately 15-20 apprentices per year.
Q: Who can I contact for more information?
A: To learn more about available apprenticeships at männer Germany, please contact Sabrina Thimm at SThimm@onebarnes.com.