Barnes is creating new pathways through our purpose – to advance what’s possible through the relentless pursuit of next. By seeking out engineering challenges that don’t have easy answers, we are persistent in the formation of advanced processes and applied technologies to create a world that works better.
Our unblinking focus on finding creative ways to solve problems helps us break through barriers and drive progress. Our deep knowledge of the industries we work in lets us create new opportunities to help our customers advance what’s possible. We expect the unexpected and never stop learning.
Together we will shape a more advantageous future for the common good as we champion next-tech
evolutions across the globe.
One Team, One Company, One Barnes.
List of qualifications for a Barnes $5,000 Scholarship:
- NSBE Collegiate member
- A Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Seeking students majoring in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Information Technology, Industrial Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Software Engineering, Data Scientists, Robotics, and Computer Engineering
- Undergraduate sophomores (2nd year) and juniors (3rd year)
- Residency Status – US Citizen
- Provide a resume and two letters of reference
- Each scholar will have an opportunity to complete summer internships with Barnes
- Submit an essay (500 words or less) – Barnes has always been defined by its Persistent Ingenuity™. We push the boundaries to advance what’s possible through the relentless pursuit of next. In doing so, we have created value and helped our employees, customers, shareholders, and communities in which we work and live around the world. But it’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. At Barnes, our Values define who we are, and our culture reflects how we work together as One Team, One Company. In thinking about this, how have you challenged the status quo to innovate, drive change, and identify new opportunities to create a better, more inclusive and sustainable world?
Please submit your application to NSBE by June 30th, 2023